If you are a new member who has had trouble setting up your ZBBS account, or a veteran member who has recently upgraded their technology, we have created a step by step guide to walk you through the process.
Setting up FirstClass Version 6.x for ZBBS
To download the software:
1. Go to http://www.zbbs.com/clientdownloads/
2. Click on whether you would like to download the Mac or Windows version of FirstClass.
3. Next to Step 1, click to download the FirstClass Intranet Client.
4. Click on the downloaded file to launch the installation.
5. Log off, and run the program (if it’s on the desktop, just double click it)
6. Accept all of the default choices for the installation.
7. The first time you run it, it will automatically open the Setup Page. If you only see the Login page, just click on the Setup button. If you cannot see the Setup button, look for advanced settings and click the arrow down.
8. In the box for “Connect via” click on High-Speed Internet. In the box for “Server”, change it to zbbs.com. Hit save button.
9. You should now be back to the log-in screen, hit the green arrow.
10. Fill out the registration form.
11. Make up a user ID and password, and fill them in. You can use initials, nickname, or anything that isn’t taken. You are limited to about 10 characters.
12. If you want, you can go back into the setup menu and put in your user ID and password and it will save it for automatic log in for the future.
Your normal connection process will be as follows:
- Start the FirstClass program.
- Click Login.
The first time you connect, you will need to fill in some information to identify yourself to the SFA. You will only have limited access to the conference areas on the system. After a day or so, your access will be upgraded and you will be able to see all areas of the system.
Contact Marc Port at 310-230-9402 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any problems or questions regarding set-up.